Friday, October 26, 2012

In the Midst of Inspiration

Hey Friends,

I haven't much felt like blogging lately- well, since Sophie's passing- but tonight I am sitting in a place very dear to my heart [Adam Brother's Cafe] on the eve of what I am sure will be a very lovely wedding. . .

And I feel inspired!

My life lately has been a miscellany [a favorite word of mine- also inspiring!] of teaching swimming lessons, filling out applications, and going to job interviews. I've either been in workout gear, pajamas, or my interview suits. A not so interesting, or inspiring, history of outfits. . . The good news, though, is my discovery that aerie carries work out pants, a.k.a. "slim gyms," in their online store.

But, as much as I love wearing work out pants, I didn't find very much motivation to photograph or write about my descent into ultra casual wear, or repeat my many [actually, not so many] iterations of an interview outfit over and over and over again.

But lately, even before I stepped into this cafe, my style has been more inspired.

Here is a sample of one of my latest inspirations:

blinking. . .

As many of you know, I have an Etsy shop, Eclectic And Elegant, that has remained dormant for the past few months- but it is back in business! I've been on the lookout for cool things to add to my store, and this burnt sienna (dark orange?) wool skirt is one of my favorite finds so far! I enjoyed it so much that I decided to take it for a spin before listing it in my store.

The skirt seems to be from the 60s- there's something very Mad Men about its shape, color, and construction. What I love most about the skirt, besides all of the compliments I received while wearing it, is its origin. I had to do a bit of linguistic research via Google Translate, but from the words on the tag I discovered that this darling skirt is far from home! The skirt was made in Bucharest, Romania and somehow made its way to Central Illinois! Woah! 

I think I may need to wear this burnt sienna stunner once or twice more before I list it in my shop. . . so irresistible!

Not blinking! Much better!
Retail Details:
White Cardigan: Abercrombie & Fitch
Floral Top: Anthropologie
Copper Beaded Belt: Anthropologie
Dark Orange Wool Skirt: Vintage (from Romania!)
Dark Purple Cabled Tights: Anthropologie
Raspberry Flats: Old Navy

No comments:

Post a Comment