Sunday, February 27, 2011

How Inspiring: Zooey Deschanel

Happy Sunday Readers!

Today I bring you another one of my fashion icons and recent hair cut inspiration: Zooey Deschanel. In addition to being an icon in fashion, she was also in some of my favorite movies: Almost Famous, Raving, (500) Days of Summer, and Elf.

So, what is it that I love about Zooey's style? Let me show you my top three reasons:

1. Her everyday style is infused with vintage loveliness

Not everything she wears is vintage, but she is a girl who appreciates the best of what the past offers including music (listen to She & Him to see what I mean), hair (see bangs), and wardrobe.

2. Her ability to accessorize

This girl can rock tights- even tights with flats.

Never underestimate the power of a well-placed belt! Zooey knows this well!


I appreciate her use of headbands/hair accessories

3. Her positive confidence

Last summer I saw She & Him live in Forest Park and she was amazing (as well as M. Ward)! She has great stage presence and connects to her audience with ease and style.

I think that it takes a lot of confidence and positivity to rock white and off white, and Zooey has what it takes to rock these colors. The first dress is one of my absolute favorites.

Well Readers, there you have it, one of my fashion icons! What do you think of Zooey's style?


No comments:

Post a Comment