Saturday, February 19, 2011

And We Have a Winner!

Happy Saturday Readers!

We have a winner! As promised, I drew a name/comment out of a hat and here is the winner:


Congratulations Katie!!!

Thank you to everyone who entered- I enjoyed reading about your favorite romantic movies!!! The Princess Bride, Sense and Sensibility, Love Actually, Notting Hill, Almost Famous, Mulan, and Pearl Harbor- all of these are great movies!

I've had an entire week to think about what my favorite romantic movie is, and I've had a difficult time choosing just one movie. I love movies, especially romantic movies, and my favorite movie seems to change on a regular basis. On Valentine's Day I watched Breakfast At Tiffany's, which was wonderful, but it isn't my favorite romantic movie.

Recently, I've also enjoyed Letters to Juliet, Fireproof, Wedding Singer, An Affair to Remember, Cranford, and quite a few others. But when I think of my favorite romantic movie, the first one that I think of (every time) is Pride and Prejudice.

The book stole my heart, the BBC miniseries brought the story to life, and the most recent version made me love this love story even more. What do I love about the story? Although the book has two very clear protagonists (Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy), they are not the entire focus of this story. As readers and viewers of this tale, we get to see other relationships: between the Bennet sisters, Jane and Mr. Bingly, Mr. and Mrs. Bennet. There's an entire network of love on a variety of levels. And I think that is what I love most about this story, and about this movie.

Have a wonderful weekend Readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment