Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Career Fair!

Greetings Readers!

Today I attended a career fair on campus. Another reminder that graduate school is nearly over and the time to start a job is drawing near. Very near.

Equipped with a resume full of experiences, a smile on my face, fancy business cards and confidence in my heart- this morning I had everything I needed to impress prospective employers except for the perfect outfit.

Here is what I came up with:


I was going to wear the pants that matched my jacket, thus completing the suit, but I decided, instead, to mix things up a bit. I think my outfit was appropriate for the occasion, but I'm not sure if my personality came through as much as I hoped it would. But, how much of your personality or style should you display at a career fair?

Whether or not this outfit had a great personality, I did stay true to some of my favorite colors to wear: pastel pink, grey, and navy blue.

Anyways, the career fair went pretty well, and I feel good about the contacts I made. Overall, a wonderful Wednesday!

Retail Details:
Navy Blue Pinstripe Suit Jacket: J. Crew
Light Pink Button Down Shirt: Banana Republic, featured here
White Lace Trim Tank: Gilly Hicks
Charcoal Patent-Leather Belt: Ann Taylor
Dark Grey Pencil Skirt: Banana Republic
Grey Tights: Macy's
Charcoal Pumps: Cole Haan

No comments:

Post a Comment