Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Backtrack: Sentimentality

Hello Readers!

This week is my Spring Break! So far, it has been the epitome of relaxation. Going to my home church and then meeting with family on Sunday, meeting with my cousin (and friend!) Katie at my favorite coffee shop, and then catching up with a friend over dinner at delightful cafe. And today, sleeping in, writing a blog post- and then who knows! The world is my oyster.

This break is the perfect time for me to catch up with you all on this blog. I can't remember when the outfit from this particular post was taken, but I enjoyed the outfit so much that I wanted to make sure that it made its way onto this blog. Nothing spectacular, but very everyday and very comfortable. These pieces also hold sentimental value.

I look like sort of like a former A&F employee with those colors... oh wait, I am.
 The cardigan, with the ruffled detail, is a piece I purchased in the summer of 2009. I'm pretty sure I bought it at the St. Louis Galleria's J. Crew store the night before my first day of grad school orientation. And, in the 80+ degree weather, I wore this cardigan. This time, the weather was more appropriate.

I am thinking about across the forehead bangs. This was an exaggerated attempt with overgrown swoop bangs. 
The abstract grey and white patterned v-neck top is from an Ann Taylor Outlet store. I purchased it last spring while driving back to St. Louis from a conference in Milwaukee with my friend and fellow grad student Deanne. It was a piece I fell in love with instantly, and I was delighted to find it in a size that fit and flattered. 

I really like how the textures and colors of this outfit came together. The print of my blouse makes these neutrals a bit more interesting
Do you see that dainty gold and pearl necklace? This was a gift from parents to my late grandmother (my Dad's mom) and I inherited it while I was a student at the college where I currently teach. Of all the pieces of this outfit, this is one dearest to my heart. Every time I wear it I think about my memories of her and the lessons I learned from her life. She was an amazing woman!

Sentimentality and outfits seem to go hand in hand... for better or worse! I think I'll count this outfit as a "better" occasion. What do you think?

Retail Details:
Navy Cardigan with Ruffles: J. Crew
Abstract White and Grey Top: Ann Taylor Outlet
Grey Lace-Trim Tank: American Eagle Outfitters
Light Grey Chinos: Abercrombie and Fitch
Necklace: Gift
Light Brown Boots (not pictured): Ann Klein

No comments:

Post a Comment