Monday, March 26, 2012

Backtrack: Fitz's with Friends

Hello Readers,

Happy Monday! Let's backtrack again. . .

A few weeks ago I was blessed with the opportunity to spend time with the couple at an engagement-almost-wedding party in St. Louis. I was able to catch up with a few friends from SLU (Bethany, Jenn, David, and Dave), friends from The Gathering (Jenny and Matt), and I was able to meet a few new people too! We had a blast! During the party I drank 2 Fitz's cream sodas. I'm not sure if those sodas contain caffeine- but I am quite certain that they contain sugar. A lot of sugar. Enough sugar for an energetic late night drive from St. Louis all the way to my home in rural Illinois. Yee hah!

Dressing Room picture! This is what I wore to the celebration!
I wasn't sure what to wear to this party. What does one wear to an engagement party? This was the first I ever attended, so I had no frame of reference to rely upon for this outfit. So, I made my own frame of reference. While crafting my outfit I tried to pick pieces that reflected the occasion. A ruffly top with sparkly belt and a sparkly headband to reflect the joy and happiness associated with engagements and metallic silver flats to reflect the brilliance of the couple (David and Bethany are both super-intelligent! Brilliant!). I chose the skinny jeans and cardigan for comfort. I am almost always cold everywhere I go, so it was important to remember to wear a cardigan! I also wasn't sure if we would play any games (I've heard those sometimes take place at occasions such as this), so jeans seemed like a practical option.

Here are a few pictures from Bethany and David's St. Louis engagement party-schindig:

Billiken Buddies- me, Bethany, and Jenn (with a flash)

no flash

Here they are- the bride-to-be and groom-to-be!- Bethany and David.
(PS- I didn't crop your socks because I thought they looked cute!)
Aren't they adorable? I think so!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment