Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My Return to Blogging

Well, it's been since November that I've posted in this blog. . . I had great hopes of words that would woo readers and express my innermost thoughts- but alas that hope floundered about in a flood of papers, articles, conferences, and glimmers of a social life- all amidst the ocean of work that is Graduate School. (I tried to be artistic in that sentence, but as you can see I'm a bit out of practice.)

Anyways, after stumbling through this semester (writing a paper about narrative fashion design and upon a fashion show hosted by Tim Gunn last Saturday) this week I've decided to turn this blog into a diary of outfits. I've always enjoyed looking through magazines for inspiration and piecing together my own "stories" using the vocabulary of clothing from my wardrobe. Recently a friend asked me to "teach" her how to mix textures, fabrics, and colors. While I am by no means an expert in this skill, I thought it would be useful for others (and myself) to see my daily adventures in fashion.

So. . . for those of you reading this blog- welcome to this adventure! Feel free to post comments, questions, or suggestions- I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment