Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Duo of Farewells: LOST and Martin & Osa

Good Evening Readers!

As some of you may already know, I am a LOST fan. During the summer I spent interning in Honolulu, I would pass spots that seemed vaguely familiar and I even went on a LOST set tour at the Kualoa Ranch (Yeah, I'm a nerd, I know). On Sunday, I sat on my couch and intensely followed the final chapter of a story that will stay near and dear to my heart for a very long time.

Last week, I made a final visit to another "friend"- Martin & Osa. A venture of American Eagle Outfitters, this brand was created to compete with the likes of J. Crew, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, and the (also ill-fated) Ruehl. A couple of weeks ago I received my weekly email from M&O with a 30%-off-all-merchandise-all-sales-final email and my heart sank. Emails with these deals are often a euphemism for brand discontinuation.

Early last Tuesday morning (well, not too early. . . 9:30 AM), I made the three-hour drive up to Woodfield Mall for one last visit to Martin & Osa for a proper goodbye. I purchased several items, some of which are featured in this post. In the picture above, I am wearing a navy-blue applique tee over a raspberry tank top, paired with a pair of slim-fit pants- all from Martin & Osa (these are still available on the site: www.martinandosa.com). My shoes are by Giselle Bundchen for Ipanema and my necklace is a find from an antique store.

Saying goodbye is difficult, whether we are saying goodbye to people, places, television series, or clothing stores. There is comfort, however, in knowing that these people and places will remain as a part of our memories and histories.

1 comment:

  1. PS- the picture is a tribute to LOST, I'm pretending that I'm in the jungle running from a polar bear!

    ReplyDelete