Monday, August 15, 2011

Mompos Monday: Here's to You

Good Evening Readers!



When I woke up this morning, one of the first thoughts that ran through my mind (after "what time is it?") was that I wanted to wear a dress today. This thought coursed through the sort of determination that was more than simply wanting to wear a dress- I decided that I MUST wear a dress. As a declaration of the beautiful weather, in celebration of the delightful days spent with family, and in anticipation of the upcoming season and my new job. As I prepared myself for the day I thought "yes, self, I really must wear a dress."

Which dress did I choose? With the fresh breeze and lower temperatures (than previous days this summer), I decided that my Mompos Dress would be perfect. I didn't even try on any other dress or outfit. That was it. Perfect for the day ahead of me and perfect for the weather.

Retail Details:
Light Grey Headband: J. Crew
Shades: Coach (Rx)
Blue and White Mompos Dress: Plenty by Tracy Reese from Anthropologie (here)
Silver Locket: American Eagle Outfitters (modified by moi)
Off White and Tan Pumps: Seychelles

Later today I made my way out to my grandparents' house for a send off dinner in honor of my aunt, uncle, and cousins before their flight back home (after a very eventful and fun-filled visit, I must say!) I wish that their time in Central Illinois was longer, but I am thankful for the time that I and all of my family were able to spend with them.

We celebrated our time together with Beef Wellington (prepared by my Uncle Mike), Grilled Cheese (prepared by Grandma for me and others who don't eat Beef Wellington), Cheesy Potatoes, Ginger Sesame Salad, Watermelon, and Oreo Dirt Dessert (courtesy of Aunt Shelly), as well as a few other goodies here and there. The send off dinner was an occasion of no great formality, but the dress felt right for the time and the moment that, in many ways, represents the end of summer and the beginning of the annual ascent into Autumn.

My camera's battery died so my cousin Katie took this picture from my mobile! Thanks Katie!!!

Before I close tonight's post, I want to share a song with you all about lasting friendships from an artist I began listening to earlier this year. My family and extended family are a blessing to me in so many ways and this summer, especially the past two weeks, have brought a newfound awareness of the blessing of friendship that I find with my family.

So, without further adieu, I am dedicating this song (by the very talented Brooke Fraser) to my family, extended family, and friends I count as dear and near as family! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment