Sunday, February 12, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday: Coconut Cake and Seafoam Ruffles

Hello again Readers,

Last Sunday, partly because of my timing belt fiasco, I spent the weekend at home and was able to spend Super Bowl Sunday at my grandparents' house. My trip home also afforded me the opportunity to watch TLC with my mom on Friday night, see Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close with my dad on Saturday night, and make a coconut cake from scratch with my mom.

My mom made most of the cake, but I helped by adding powdered sugar to the icing and assisting in the icing and coconut-sprinkling process. Anyways... the cake was beautiful and delicious and my mom is a cake boss. A cake boss with a specialty in coconut cake deliciousness. I wish I could share a slice with each of you, but since that is impossible, we shall have to settle for pictures of this perfection:


Yum
The cake was a hit at my grandparents' Super Bowl party (at least for those of us who like coconut). I rooted for the Patriots, but most of my focus was devoted to conversing with family members and eating delicious party food. Before leaving the party, my mom took a few pictures of (some) of my cousins and my grandma. Aren't we cute?

Whoops! I forgot to turn off the fisheye effect!

Much better! Katie, Grandma, and yours truly.
Retail Details:
Seafoam Ruffle Neck Tee: J. Crew
White Cardigan: Victoria's Secret
Grey Lace-Trim Tank: American Eagle
Dark Rinse Skinny Jeans: Abercrombie & Fitch (purchased on the Peoria store's last day of existence)
Gold Tone Baubled Necklace: Target
Claire, Katie, Grandma, Paige, and Me

No comments:

Post a Comment