Thursday, January 3, 2013

Maya the Malamute: Get ready for cuteness. . .

Happy New Year, Readers!

Are you ready for an overdose of cute?

Ok, here you go!



This is my dog, Maya Lani. This spunky Alaskan Malamute goes by Maya, Moo Moo, Little Bear, and "No! Drop that!" She became a part of my family in August after the death of our last Malamute, Sophie (she is actually her half sister!) Maya is a pretty good dog, so far, but WOW- puppies are hard work! She is only 6 months old, but already over 50 lbs and can almost stretch up to my shoulders when jumping up (which she is not supposed to do).

Her favorite pastimes include throwing toys and balls to herself, following me and my family around the house, barking at visitors, stealing socks, sitting on my feet, and learning new tricks (come, stay, wait, shake, high five, sit, down, park it, circles, jump up, watch me, and peace/stop biting). She also enjoys watching zombie tv shows/movies (she loves the noises they make!), football games (she watches my dad watching the games), and people walking/running down our street.

I will probably talk more about her in the future- but I realize that she hasn't been featured on this blog! To make up for that absence, here is a collection of Maya photos. 

she LOVES photo time, as you can see!






She was a show dog for Halloween!















Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. She's beautiful! Thanks for sharing her.
    Kay

    ReplyDelete