Saturday, October 16, 2010

Hoping for a chilly, rainy day. . .

Yes readers, you read the title of this post correctly- I am, indeed, hoping for a chilly, rainy day!

Now, before anyone jumps to conclusions (ie; this girl is crazy!), I should explain the reasons why I look forward to weather conditions such as the conditions described above.

1) In moderation, I enjoy rainy days- especially rainy days in the fall. I love how autumn leaves look in the rain; whether they are still hanging onto trees, falling to the ground, or resting in puddles. I love it!

2) I finally found THE perfect raincoat, a tan trench coat from Banana Republic. In 2008 I purchased my first trench coat (of a dark green hue) at the beginning of my semester abroad in Madrid and I fell in love with trench coats. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough room in my suitcases to bring the trench coat back with me to the US. Since then, I've searched high and low for a replacement.

Armed with a 30% off coupon, I found this item on bananarepublic.com a month ago. I actually tried on the trench coat at a Banana Republic store, but the sleeves were too short (this happens to me all the time). I went online that night, found the trench coat in tall sizes (thank you Banana!), and made my purchase.

Since its arrival, the trench coat has been sitting restlessly in my closet, waiting for a rainy day. Or- I should say- I have been waiting restlessly for a rainy day (or even a chilly, blustery day) to wear the trench coat. I am still waiting for such an occasion, so until then, posting a picture of the coat on this blog will have to suffice. Here is a picture of the front and back of the coat from the Banana Republic website. Enjoy!


(P.S. in addition to tall sizes, this coat also comes in petite and regular sizes)

No comments:

Post a Comment