Sunday, June 12, 2011

An Amazing Affair to Remember

Hello Readers!

Last weekend (not this weekend, but the weekend before) my cousin Liz got married to the love of her life and it was an amazing day of celebrations- of their love for each other, God's love, and the love of friends and family.  Like I said- amazing!

Before the ceremony
Not only did I have the opportunity to attend these celebrations, I also had the honor of being a part of the celebrations by singing a song during the ceremony (thanks for asking me to do it Liz and Matt!)  I used to lead worship occasionally in high school and undergrad, but it has been a while since I sang and played in front of a large audience so I was a bit nervous but it went really well.  So well that I've been thinking about picking up the old gee-tar and singing again after I settle into my new job this fall.  We'll see. . .


Curly hair? Yes please!

Singing "Divine Romance" by Phil Wickham

Mr. and Mrs.!

My lovely cousin Liz!

My favorite part of the singing part of the ceremony was when I looked over at Liz and Matt (the bride and groom) and I caught both of their eyes and we all smiled, and then they looked at each other and smiled.  It was one of those moments of great joy that I think I will remember for the rest of my life!  Liz and Matt are each wonderful people, and they are wonderful for each other.  It was such a blessing to be a part of their wedding!


Also. . . I would be remiss if I forgot to mention how much fun their reception was!  But. . . you'll have to wait until the next blog post for the details on the fun and my outfit!

1 comment:

  1. this is such a wonderful post - you are so sweet! AND you did an AMAZING job singing at our wedding. I TOTALLY support your inclination to sing in public more often!

    ReplyDelete