Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I Am A Master!

Readers,

After two years of hard work, sleep deprivation, writing millions (ok, hundreds) of pages, and reading countless articles- I have a Master of Arts in Communication from Saint Louis University! Here are some of the topics that I learned about during my journey:

-Language Maintenance and Immigrant Communities
-Social Support in Religious Communities
-Strategic Marketing/Communication Campaigns for Nonprofits
-Fashion as Storytelling
-Group Assimilation
-Social Networks (face-to-face, not facebook)
-Blogging Ethics
-and many, many others.

There were two days of graduation ceremonies, and both days were beautiful.  After all of the terribly dangerous weather that's happened over the past month or so, it was wonderful to have good weather at least for those two days.  

Here is what I wore on Day 1 (Friday) of the celebrations:

After the ceremony with hat hair
Grey Embellished Cardigan: Abercrombie & Fitch (I took this off during the ceremony because the arena was sweltering hot)
Hot Pink Silk Chiffon Dress: Donna Morgan
Golden Brass Belt: My Grandma's Belt from the 70s or 80s

Apparently I was supposed to open the cap and gown package much earlier in the week to get rid of the wrinkles!

I will post more about my outfit for Day 2 later this week.  

Thank you everyone who supported and/or challenged me through this experience- I couldn't have done this without you all! (ahem. . . friends, family, mentors, advisors. . . )

No comments:

Post a Comment