Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Thousand Miles. . .

Well hello Readers!

I don't know about you all, but lately I feel like I've been constantly in a state of transition. Packing and unpacking (and then packing again), leaving my apartment and looking for a new one, and preparing for a new job. Life is exciting right now, but a bit hectic. I haven't been keeping track of the number of miles I've driven over the past month- but my best guess would be somewhere near 1,000 miles.

One day, two Sundays ago, in particular was especially busy. I went from church to a bridal shower and then to my grandparents' house. It doesn't sound like much but the time in between each of these events was long enough that I was able to go home, but too short to relax or get anything done. But, even though it was busy, I had a great time!

In my down time, I was able to capture a few of the day's highlights:

Pretending to play the piano (I'm ok in real life, but no maestro by any means)



I wore this outfit to church two Sundays ago. The white dress is one that has been in my possession for the past 2 or 3 years, and while it is super cute, I rarely wear it. I stumbled upon it again earlier this month while cleaning out my wardrobe and decided to bring it out into the sunlight again! And what a sunny day it was! Since it is a strapless dress I paired it with a lightweight cardi and dressed it up with a belt and a vintage necklace.


Robin Blue Cardigan: Zara
White and Gold Trifari Necklace: Thrifted
White Strapless Dress: Banana Republic
Brown Woven Belt: Anthropologie
Tan Patent Pointy Flats: Banana Republic
Following church, I attended the bridal shower of one of my near and dear friends (and former roommate), Kerry. She and her fiance had a black and yellow bumble bee themed shower- cute! The shower was super fun and it was great to spend time with Kerry. Also, I sat at a table with two girls who I ran with in high school and haven't seen since- so it was nice to catch up with them while enjoying the festivities!
Me and Kerry at her bridal shower
I was a part of a shower game! My partner pinned a picture of a TV wife on my back and I had to ask the audience questions about my character to help me guess who she was. My personality was Carol Brady (and I guessed it in a snap!)
Black Tee: Banana Republic
Gold and White Trifari Necklace: Thrifted
White Sateen Crops: Anthropologie
Black Satin Peep Toe Heels: Black House/White Market
Fun and Games: Courtesy of Kerry
After the shower (almost immediately after) I ate dinner and then headed out to my grandparents' house where I basked in the warmth and love that is family! I also ventured outside before sunset to capture these photos. Whew- I made it through the day!

Lettuce
Tomato
Apple
Light and Leaves
A baby robin! It will be cuter in a week or so. . . 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment