Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Best Monday Ever!!!



Last Monday was the last day of Special Occasion speeches in both of my sections of Public Speaking. The last day of speeches. . . the last day (of the semester) that I would need to get to work early to print evaluation sheets, check out and charge a video camera and its accessories. I wasn't in the best of moods when I arrived in class (stress, lack of sleep, etc), but the first speech of the class would change the rest of my day and turn around my attitude for the rest of my week.

One of my students chose to commemorate our particular class, and during her speech she said many wonderful things, and thanked me for my efforts AND presented me with flowers and card from the ENTIRE class. A bouquet of flowers, and a card! This was something that I never expected to receive as a teacher- but my students caught me by surprise!

When I began teaching, I dreamt of not only giving students skills and knowledge as communicators- I also hoped that I could create a meaningful experience of community and learning, and my student's speech confirmed that my dreams became a reality!

Thank you to all of my students in CMM 120 for an amazing semester!



Retail Details:

Sterling Silver and CZ Necklace: Juicy Couture
Light Grey Cardigan: Banana Republic
Light Blue Shirt (under the cardigan): Banana Republic
Navy Blue Skirt: Anthropologie
Grey Tights: Jessica Simpson (Macy's)
Silver Flats: Nine West
Roses and Card: Courtesy of my students in CMM 120, Section 16


No comments:

Post a Comment