Thursday, December 30, 2010

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year. . .


Hello Readers!

I hope that all of you had a wonderful Christmas, and for those of you who are still on vacation/holiday I hope that the time off from work or school is going well! I know that I am enjoying this time off tremendously!

Christmas really is a wonderful time of the year for many reasons, but to me the two reasons that make the days surrounding Christmas so merry and bright are:
(1) the celebration of Jesus' birth (which, I know, probably happened in the spring time- but still the reason for the season) and
(2) family time


Here I am with my cousins Kim, Liz, and Katie (the star of this post)

Both sides of my family are fairly large in number- especially my mom's side of the family. Every year (almost) all of us gather at my grandparents' house for rich experiences of food and fellowship- but there's always something special about Christmas at my grandparents' house. Every branch of the family brings something to the table with food dishes, gifts, smiles, stories, and warm conversations. Usually the grown ups and little kids camp out on the main floor [the grown up men take over the living room to watch a game (and nap, ahem- dad); while the grown up women stay in the kitchen and dining area] while the almost grown ups and not almost grown ups [the cousins, including me] hang out in the basement. We all come together to get food and exchange gifts. Our two groups don't remain separate otherwise though, we intermingle- but these are just the tendencies.

(Here we are! And this isn't even all of us- we are missing the Quists, Uncle Mike, and Bonnie)

So, there you have it- a (somewhat sociological) glimpse of how my family celebrates Christmas. But that probably isn't why you are here today- you are here today to hear about fashion and outfits, right?

For this post, I chose the outfit that my cousin Katie wore to this warm celebration. Katie is one of the most kind, warm, smart and compassionate people I know. Katie brightens every room that she's in with her smile and charm.

Here she is with a bright smile, and a charming outfit:


Retail Details:
Grey Cardigan: Wet Seal
Grey Lace-Trim Tank: American Eagle
Sparkly Layered Necklace: American Eagle (borrowed from her sister Kim)
Distressed Jeans: Silver Jeans (purchased from Bergner's)
Black Socks: Brand Unknown, but they are microfiber socks, and according to Katie they are really comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment