Thursday, November 24, 2011

Equestrian-Inspired Style

Happy Thanksgiving Readers!

Last Friday (that is, seven days before Black Friday) I looked in my closet for clothing I don't wear very often and I came across the jacket of my grey suit from Banana Republic. It, along with the pants, were things I "had to have" for job interviews/conferences/work etc but somehow I've only worn it 4 or 5 times since I purchased it late this spring.

So.. I decided to wear it to work last Friday with my trusty corduroys, vintage belt, ruffled top, and sliver wedge boots. When all of these ingredients came together, I realized that there was something quite equestrian about the whole thing.

What to you think?

I did a bit of research online and found these images of more equestrian and equestrian-inspired looks:
From Jillian Lewis' 2008 Collection at New York Fashion Week
Kate Middleton (The Duchess of Cambridge)
Maggie Grace


 And.. here are a few more of yours truly:

Just horsing around!



Hope everyone's Thanksgiving is going well!

Retail Details:
Grey Suit Jacket: Banana Republic
Off-White Craft & Creation Tee: Deletta for Anthropologie
Burgundy and Gold Belt: Vintage
Olive Green Stevie Corduroys: Adriano Goldschmied
Leather Silver-Wedge Boots: Anne Klein

No comments:

Post a Comment