Saturday, January 28, 2012

15 Simple Fashion Rules: J. Crew Looks We Love

Hey Readers!

I love rules! I love learning rules, following rules, and sometimes even making my own (reasonable) rules. I especially love rules that make sense to me. Rules coherent with the way the world is or could be. Like every other person in a crowded parking lot letting a car into the flow of traffic. Like not wearing short shorts after a certain age.

While browsing J. Crew's website this afternoon, I came across a collection of outfits called "Looks We Love" (a regular feature on the website). This particular feature included 15 inspirational rules created by the brand's "superstylist" Gayle. I don't follow all of these rules, but I'd like to try! At the very least, I'd like to keep them in mind this spring as I orchestrate outfits.

Here are the looks Gayle created. Can we upgrade her title to "super-de-duper-stylist" or maybe "superstylist extraordinaire?" My favorite rules are 4, 5, and 9 and I'd really like to try are 2, 10, 11, and 13. . .


















So... which rules inspire you? Do you like fashion rules, or do you find them constraining?

No comments:

Post a Comment