Friday, January 20, 2012

Grinch: The Grossest Green

Hello Readers,


If you are familiar with this blog, you know that I tend to wear neutrals. A lot of neutrals. This doesn't mean that I don't like wearing colors... in fact, I actually love wearing colors like green, aqua, blue, pink, purple, and occasionally red. There is one color, however, that I do not enjoy. I don't like wearing it and I don't like seeing it in my favorite stores. It's a color that falls somewhere in between yellow and green. It looks good on only a handful of people.


What is this color?


dum dum dum.... GRINCH GREEN!



The lightest hues of this color family are what offend my eyes most and I was shocked to find examples from stores I frequent: Anthropologie, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Abercrombie & Fitch. 

Here are a few offenders:





The Orchard House Cardigan


Cute design... but the color! Oh my eyes! Avert!

Twice-Topped Cardi


This color looks like it is made of Grinch hair


Borrowed Zen Blouse


Golden Grinch Gross. Like Grinch highlights

Dantela Corset Top


Oh how I wish this was a different color. 

Banana Republic:

Jewel Button Cardigan




Lightweight Ruffle-Sleeve Cardigan




Old Navy: 



Popcorn Sweater-Knit Beret



Abercrombie & Fitch:


Breanna


I even found a possible misdemeanor in my own wardrobe:

In my defense, this is more of a grass-green IRL

So Readers... What do you think? Does Grinch Green offend you? Have you spotted it anywhere recently? Or, is there another color that offends you?

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. i'm also fashion offended. save green for trees and grass. blech.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to call it baby poo poo yellow, or puke green. Ha,ha. With my penchant for purchasing things I like in multiple colors, I actually considered the Renewed Folds Pullover in Moss during the 50% off promo., but that shade just looks horrible with my coloring. I have the same issue with mustard color tops which is a shame because I love that color.

    Anyway, I completely agree. I don't own any green shirts or dresses besides shades of blue/green such as teal, or turquoise. The exceptions are an army green jacket and the D'Armee dress. I think Kelly green or Emerald green would look fine on me, but I just never seem to pick out things that are green. I have no idea what I've got against green. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Green! Green is so tricky! Maybe it's one of those colors like mustard yellow that will always frustrate/intrigue us?

    ReplyDelete