Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Cords and Cardio: A Continuing Trend

Hello Readers!

I love corduroys. I enjoy the texture they add to an outfit. I appreciate how flattering a pair of corduroys can be. They are everyday but anything other than ordinary!

Last week I wore corduroys twice.... okay, okay, three times. But, I only have two photographed outfits featuring cords from last week. In the fall I wore cords on a regular basis, and this trend is back! These things are slimming AND comfortable. Expect more posts featuring cords in the future!

Another trend I am reintroducing into my life is regular exercise. I was L-A-Z-Y over Christmas break. But, as of January 8th I am back on track. Elliptical. Walking. Swimming. A bit of pilates and yoga. Even... a bit of running! It's been only 2.5 weeks and I can already see a difference in my health, as well as my figure! My arms are slimmer, my legs are more toned, and my stomach is flatter than it has been in longer than I want to admit. Yes, friends, I am back on track! Not quite where I want to be, but on my way! Who knows, maybe I'll add fitness and health stories to this blog along my journey.

But, for now, I will leave you with my two cord-o-rific outfits from last week:

On my way to the coffee shop and pool!
Retail Details:
Tan Cream Confection Jacket: Idra/Anthropologie
Charcoal Scarf: Target
Plaid Wool Tote: Abercrombie & Fitch
Green and Black Swim Suit: Speedo (runs small!)
Marine Ruffled Purse: Miss Albright/Anthropologie
Olive Corduroys: AG
Friday Night, after I survived driving home in the snow
Retail Details:
Black Cowlneck Top: Banana Republic
Black Lace-Trim Tank: American Eagle Outfitters
Dark Charcoal Cords: AG
Black Leather Boots: Anne Klein ("Aloe")

2 comments: