Thursday, January 12, 2012

Look Ma! No Pants!: Snow Day

Hello Readers,

Brr!
Central Illinois received a lot of snow today. Enough to stay at home all day! I was planning to try a few fitness classes at the Riverplex today, but I decided against the trip after reading facebook statuses about the slippery roads. And because I am sore from my latest fitness initiatives. (Note to self- take it easy in the pool and at the gym after a three week hiatus!)

I began the day in a sweater and corduroys, but when I realized my day would be spent at home I swapped my cords for my silver exercise leggings. Not the most slimming or flattering choice, but comfortable? Yes!
This outfit, while comfortable, is major. It is nearly a violation of my rule against leggings, jeggings, and nonpants as pants (to learn more, see this post about the Undergraduate Uniform). But I didn't wear my leggings with Uggs or in public, and I left my NorthFace jacket up in my room. Whew! That was close!

Look Ma! No pants! Well, leggings...
After playing with Sophie, my mom and I made oatmeal cookies. That's something you do on a snowy day! In the kitchen, watching the snow fall, I enjoyed a cookie or two with a steaming cup of hot cocoa. 

 

Let us in!
Eating a cookie. Yum!
I also took a few pictures of Sophie (the family dog) in her first big snow. She was a bit unsure at first, but she quickly learned that she loves being in the snow! She is an Alaskan Malamute, so it would make sense for her to love the snow but it was still such a treat to see her in her element!

Here are a few highlights of Sophie's day in the snow. Enjoy!

on the move!
crazy!

in her element!
Soph-flakes!
she tried to eat the snow. several times!
there's winter in the air!
snow angel!

No comments:

Post a Comment