Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Photographed Photographer (My Headshots)

Hello Readers!

I love being behind the camera, but I don't quite love being in front of the camera, especially really in close proximity.

Let's back up a bit. Over the past few weeks I've been taking headshots of graduate students in the communication department at my school for our website and this has been a great experience. Through this experience, I've had the opportunity to become better acquainted with my coworkers and friends in a way that usually doesn't take place in the classroom or the office.

When we find ourselves in front of a camera, to some extent we become vulnerable. Aware of our imperfections and insecurities, we worry about our ability (as well as the photographer's ability) to portray ourselves positively in a single frame. Truly, this is an intimidating endeavor but it is well worth the challenge. But today- it was even more of a challenge because I was the person being captured on camera.

Here are a few of my favorites; raw, unedited, and vulnerable me. Enjoy!

No Glasses!
I guess I do have a button nose!

This screams "movie star," no?

Sometimes I am awkward

PS- thank you Megan A. for these wonderful photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment