Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Rainy Day Blues and Happy News

Hello Readers!

Good news!  I am moving on to the final stage of my comprehensive exams: the oral defense!  This means that I am even closer to graduating with an M.A. in Communication! Just a few more weeks left until I am FREE (well, sort of).

In a post last month I wore a wool dress and secretly hoped for another occasion to wear the dress, a day cool enough to permit a dress of this weight and warmth. Well, in the last week of April (today) I got my chance. I almost put the dress away for the fall, but with the unpredictability of the Midwest I trusted that the dress might get one more wear before the weather is supposed to be cool.

Department of Communication!
As you can see, I styled it a bit differently today and went with a palette of greys and blues.  It's amazing how much you can change the look of a piece of clothing with the right arrangement of accessories and layering. I also wore my BR trench coat for warmth and rain resistance, but forgot to take a picture with it on.

Retail Details:

Grey Wool Ruffled Suit: Nordstrom Rack
Navy and Black Windmill Bow: Anthropologie
Teal Tights: Hue (from Bergner's or Martin + Osa)
Charcoal Pumps: Cole Haan (purchased at Macy's)

Hope you all had a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment